1. Root Chakra - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
Being supported by the universe and your environment.
2. Sacral Chakra - Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality and CREATIVITY
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
This is where we process not one our food but also our emotions, our ideas, our experiences. This is the most confused chakra for a lot of people.
4. Heart Chakra - Our ability to love.
Location: Center of chest just above heart.
Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace. Unconditional love, family live, friendly love.
5. Throat Chakra - Our ability to communicate and express ourselves.
Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
Many people who have been repressed develop issues in this chakra.
6. Third Eye Chakra - Our ability to focus on and see the big picture. Our ability to see the truth as it really is, instead of how we might perceive it to be due to other people's opinions.
Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra - The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. Our connection to the godself, the universe, spirit.
Location: The very top of the head.
Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.